Orange Smarty is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Orange Smarty may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01st October 2013 and was updated 23rd May 2018 in order to achieve GDPR compliance.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys
How we collect and receive information
We may collect information:
- From a third party B2B source where you have already given consent for the data to be used or transferred (for example: Reed MIDEM), we may also collect information from inbound emails, business cards and independent research on your company.
- About your visit to the Orange Smarty website or activity generated from Orange Smarty e-marketing. The information would include click throughs - content viewed, time spent online or other analytics related to this.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new content or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We may hold information for as long as it is necessary to do so, however, we keep this data under periodic review to ensure it is still necessary for us to retain it, in compliance with the GDPR.
Our emails are designed to be relevant and valuable to your business, from time to time we'll send you information about our catalogue, news and markets :
- If you are registered client of Orange Smarty we will continue to communicate with you until either you unsubscribe from our marketing or notify us by emailing email@example.com
- If you are not currently a registered client of Orange Smarty, you can opt-in to our mailing list by registering here.
- Anyone can unsubscribe at any time using the link in every email we send.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.